The cost of using professional financial management providers who can set up your ecommerce shopping cart software pay you back 10 times over by eliminating the worry if your cash flow is being managed correctly, if your software is working properly and if your ecommerce income is secure and under responsible management.
By utilizing ecommerce shopping cart software solution, the quality of service is significantly higher than a conventional solution such as PayPal and the worry of having your account frozen or service in some other way disrupted is completely eliminated.
Creating a profitable web site is the dream of many of us. As you begin to explore the technicalities of getting your web site up and running, there are a lot of decisions to be made. Perhaps one of the most daunting areas of research is how to handle payments online. But getting paid is the bottom line of any business. You need a reliable and trustworthy tool for collecting payments for your goods or services and one that will grow and change with your business and as your web site grows. In the beginning, the questions outnumber the answers.
Of these many questions and the many more you may have, none are more perplexing than how to set up that “ecommerce shopping cart software” on your web site so you can accept credit cards.
Do I have to Apply to the Credit Card Companies to Accept Credit or to set up my Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software?
The good news is that there are services that are already in business on the web that can provide you with ecommerce shopping cart software services and handle all of that overhead for a small fee. These services have gone through meticulous scrutiny and have been validated as trustworthy to handle your accounts. As you start to research these accounts, you will learn how to look for the proper authentication so you know you are working with a reputable service.
But here is where a bit of caution is in order. Do your homework and be a savvy web shopper. Merchant account handlers can be very costly. Shop around for the right deal. You want an ecommerce shopping cart software partner who has set up your business relationship so your level of cost is directly related to how profitable you are.
Another internet concept that is good to know well is the idea of having your ecommerce shopping cart software “hosted”. “Hosted” means that a third party is handling the transactions, the credit card management (and fees) and the payment authorization as we described earlier.
One alternative to having your ecommerce shopping cart software transactions hosted of course is to set it all up yourself which itself is a daunting challenge. A second alternative is to download a free ecommerce shopping cart software module that can handle that part of our business for us at no cost. Therefore, before you go into partnership with a third party hosting vendor, you need to have peace of mind that it is the right decision for you.
Are There Some Tangible Reasons to Have My Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software Hosted Rather Than Use Free Software or Do It Myself?
What are the reasons for using a hosting solution for our ecommerce shopping cart software that will be reflected in our bottom line?
- Your focus is on what you do best. Your internet business, the services and products you offer there represent what you are really good at supporting. Let’s face it, that is your real passion, not the nuts and bolts of the infrastructure, the bookkeeping and the financial details.
- Compare the cost to the investment of your time. In general, the cost of a hosted ecommerce shopping cart software is under $100 a month. Compare that to the effort and risk, you will take by using unreliable software or doing it yourself and it becomes painfully clear that this is the kind of service you need to outsource.
- What do you do if something goes wrong? By subscribing to a reputable business that does this kind of thing for a living, you have that assurance that they will be there when you need them.
- You need this job done right the first time! By using a hosted ecommerce shopping cart software service, the installation and maintenance of your shopping cart is handled by skilled experts who are installing well tested systems on your web site. That alone is worth the monthly cost of the service.
- One word – Security. Financial transactions must be guarded at the highest level of security, particularly in the online world. A reputable hosting service not only has put in place rock solid security measures, they are bonded and responsible to see to it your accounts are managed in a secure fashion.
Should I Rely on PayPal for My Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software Solutions?
PayPal is probably the most well known service for handling online transactions. However, there may be good reasons to think again about using PayPal as your primary ecommerce shopping cart software service and to do some comparison shopping when that time comes.
At the very least, consider keeping more than one ecommerce shopping cart software option at your disposal. If for any reason your account becomes unavailable, “frozen” or locked out because the service has problems, that can have a dynamic impact on your business and on your customer retention as we will discuss I a moment.
What Are the Best Ways to Enhance My Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software Presence to Improve My Web Visitors Experience and Encourage More Business?
In addition to choosing the right ecommerce shopping cart software vendor and keeping backup alternatives as we have discussed, putting some thought into how your site will manage the purchase processing will pay off in completed sales and repeat sales.
- Use a secure sign authority (SSL certificate) such as Verisign or Scanalert. Once you have set your site up with these services, you can prominently display your authorization which will give your business credibility as a legitimate member of the internet business community.
- Put into place a site search function early in your web visitors experience. Web shoppers love to use search engines and it also gives you a point of contact to collect interest information from them which can be used later for marketing purposes.
- Be subtle in guiding your customers to the point of purchase. So many sites put a “buy now” button on every page which is pushy and tends to drive customers away. Instead, draw your customer in and then when you know they are looking at what they want, then guide them to the purchase process where your ecommerce shopping cart software is located.
- Review your purchase process to assure that it is easy, enjoyable and fast so the customer frustration is kept very low or eliminated. Have your site reviewed by friends and associates so they can give you an impartial review of how your purchase flow works for the average web customer.
- Retain input. If you harvest their information early in their visit, use that again later when they are signing up for a purchase. Display on the screen the information you have gathered.
- Give your customers a point of review before they confirm the final purchase. Once they have made their product, shipping and other related choices, display a summary page of their purchase which represents their invoice.
- Make sure the customer is sure where they are in the purchase process and how much is left. If there is a five step process to the purchase, tell your customer what that is as they begin and let them know where they are as they go so they know they are on the right track and will be done soon.
- Communicate often with your customers about the purchase as it is processed. Send a confirmation email with the invoice to supplement the place online where they can purchase. As the purchase is processed, send frequent emails letting them know what is happening.
There are many ways you can customize the purchase experience for your customers so their interaction with your ecommerce shopping cart software is enjoyable and rewarding to them. They will never know they are working with a third party service but by combining the professionalism of your ecommerce shopping cart software provider with your own high priority on customer service, you are building a web site sure to be a on the book mark list for your valuable customers.